Wednesday 22 April 2015

Annoying things people say #1

It was a sunny day in Durban when I scanned my tag at a new gym.
Trainer: Is this you? 
Me: Yes, why? 
Trainer: Are you sure?  
Me: Uhhh... yes? Why? 
Trainer: Your face looks so fat here!



When you lose those oh-so-squeezable cheeks and double chin, people really start to notice your weight loss. I understand people want to compliment me, but there's a line between being complimentary and being deeply offensive. I do LOVE how my face shape has changed, but I have to constantly remind myself that there was absolutely nothing wrong with how my face used to look. Fat or skinny, you have to love yourself and I love that old face. That face made friends. That face found love. That face has been with me for an amazing 25 years.

So no matter what douche bag trainers and colleagues say, I love my face. Fat or skinny :)

1 comment:

  1. Well done on your blog and putting yourself out there! This blog will help many young people who are struggling with weight loss!

    ReplyDelete