Thursday 29 October 2015

You don't look like the sporty type

I have a... let's say, an interesting relationship with my boyfriend's mother. She's a lovely woman - very accepting of me, very kind and helpful, and of course, she must have done a great job raising her son for me to want to date him. However, there are certain things she says that make me wonder what she really thinks of me. For the purpose of this post, let's call her MIL (mother-in-law).

Case 1

BF: Niki and I are going rock climbing.

MIL: Oh that's so nice that you try things Paul likes. You don't look very sporty, more of an arty-farty type.

Pause - Is arty-farty a euphemism for fat?!


Case 2

BF: Sooo... my mom was clearing her closet and asked if you want this?

*sends photo of oversized printed waist-coat thing*

Me: Ummm... tell her I said thank you for thinking of me, but it's not really my style.

BF: I tried it on, it's HUGE.

Now is it just me... or does she think of me as a heffer?

1 comment:

  1. I had such a laugh at this. "is it me or does she think Im a heffer?" LOOOLLLLLL :D

    ReplyDelete