Wednesday 27 May 2015

Annoying things people say #3

Durban peeps have no chill.

Family and friends have a tendency to speak their mind because, you know, "I'm family, so I can say it". Returning to my home town, I hadn't seen some family members for almost 6 months - like our helper Alina who has been with us from before I was born.

Me: Hi Alina, how are you?

Alina: Ahhh you lost weight!

Me: Haha yeah...

Alina: [reaches forward and grabs my left boob]
           Where are your boobies?!



Yes, what you have heard is true. When you start training, your boobs get smaller. I'm still not sure if I'm okay with this or not. The true irony of it all is that I had a breast reduction about 5 years ago. At the time, I really thought I was never going to lose weight and that a reduction was my only option for smaller breasts and a more comfortable life.

Relaying this story to a friend... she said if I hadn't had the reduction, I probably wouldn't have had the confidence to start gyming. Hell, I probably wouldn't have even fit into a sports bra. So even though I've lost my boobs now, it was that reduction that probably helped me change my life.

So I guess I managed to do something I thought was impossible. I discovered I can control and manage changes in my body. So if you look at it like that, dropping a cup size doesn't seem so bad, right?

1 comment: