Tuesday 12 May 2015

The 5-Day Salad Challenge

After yesterday's abominable food decisions, I've decided to be a little more proactive and make sure I have ready-made meals for the week. The artery-clogging takeaway from yesterday has left me craving my greens so I'm posing a challenge to myself - to create different types of salads for at least 5 meals this week. That means any type of salad - cold, warm, asian, fruit, in a roll, on toast - anything goes.

























Salad Challenge Day 1: 
Chilli Tuna Salad Wraps

Ingredients:
- 1 can of shredded tuna
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 handful of lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- 1 heaped tsp low fat mayo
- 2 heaped tsp fat free plain yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 whole grain wrap

Method:
Combine all your ingredients in a bowl. Place the mixture in the centre of the wrap, fold over, and cut in half. Tip: I only put the filling in my wrap at lunch time to prevent the whole thing from getting soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment